5.09.2011

yes, another afghan. (I know!)

ok, I'm trying to stop with the afghans.  but I'm really not into the idea of crocheted clothing, and my amigurumi phase has passed.  so afghans it is.  this one started with the yarn, a cheap, wacky variegated acrylic in shades of orange, grey, and brown.  I think it was the name that got me:  "Pop Art Ombre".  (that and how cheap it was.)  but I paired it with a solid grey to try to tone down the insanity.



I used the "Park Slope" afghan pattern from the Lion Brand site, and the squares (or rather, squares and octagons) went really fast.  the part that sucked was sewing them all together.  there just didn't seem to be an efficient way to do it.  luckily it's not a very big throw, just about 38" x 60".


it's fun but it's very retro, more than I'd like.  and retro in a "back of the couch in a That 70's Show episode" kinda way, which isn't really good.  But Stoli likes it (that's his little ears peeking over the chair arm).


and it actually photographs better than it feels, being cheap acrylic yarn from Michaels (never again!)


that cat makes everything look better.

1 comment:

crittermom said...

That cat is going to have an afghan for every surface!
PS This one looks like it would also go well with calico!