2.22.2012

knit kicks

I was reading today about Nike's big new innovation in running shoes...they're knitted!  apparently, what runners really want is a sock with a sole.  (NOT a grilled cheese sandwich and a massage, which is all I want when I try to run anywhere).  googling "knit sneaker" led me down the internet rabbit hole to discover all kinds of knitted shoes...

(these are not Nike's fancy high-performance state of the art shoes, but it would be awesome if they were)

{via}

{via}

{via}

then there's the OG knit shoe, these ancient Tabi style ones:

{via}

these remind me of those awful shoes with the toes that you see now.  those creep me out.

would you ever knit a pair of shoes?  I didn't think I would but then I saw these knitted Mukluks on Ravelry and now I want to!

{via}

...but not until I block the Bosc scarf.  :(

No comments: